Our frequently asked questions are designed to help you answer some of the most common questions we get asked, such as who we are, what we do and what you can do to get involved. If an answer is not listed below, we encourage you to Contact Us where we’d be happy to help.
We, Shop Local UK Org, are on a mission to encourage more people to shop local and to save our local communities. Our social movement is to save our local shops nationally, not just regionally, and we do this by creating one central messaging – Shop Local. Save Our Community.
The truth is, if everybody shopped more locally, focused less on the major national supermarkets and online giants (most of which pay little or no UK income tax), then this would be the answer to not just helping small, local businesses stay in business but also to save the high streets. The best part is that it’s from within our communities and without the aid of government handouts.
We won’t stop until Shop Local UK Org becomes a household name. We genuinely believe that if we, as a country, act now by spending more money locally, then our communities can still be revived. The question now is, will you join us?
- A community initiative to promote local businesses with the aim to ensure the British high street survives and prospers.
- A local (potentially national) media campaign where driving consumers to shop local is its key objective.
- An initiative that not only raises awareness of shops based in the local community but one that also gives back to the community via charities.
- Become part of a local and national media campaign raising awareness of the plight of the British High Street and the need for consumers to shop local.
- See an increase in footfall in your store following both the media coverage and brand recognition of Shop Local UK Org branding through signage and merchandise.
- Benefit from the positive impact of a social media campaign.
- Easy access to an extensive range of signage and promotion merchandise that is designed to be eye-catching, informative and affordable.
- Giving back to your local community as everything purchased from Shop Local UK Org donates 5% to charities. Furthermore, donation points are encouraged in store of all Shop Local UK Org clients.
- Easy! By choosing to shop at your local stores or independent retailers up and down the country. The less you spend at the major national supermarket chains means more of your money that earn and spend goes back into your community – £3.85 for every £10, in fact. You are not so much as helping Shop Local UK Org as you are helping yourself, your family, your local shops and your local community.
- By spreading the word. Tell your family and friends, your neighbours, and post to your socials – all of this helps in a massive way.
- Wear a Shop Local UK Org t-shirt (or another one of our products). Nothing sparks a conversation or states your position or views than a t-shirt worn with pride.
- See our range of our Shop Local UK Org products in our shop. Our merchandise includes adult and youth t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, aprons, mugs and more.
- Start your own shop local campaign and let us help you with our signage and merchandise which can be purchased on a wholesale pricing level for resale, or on a commission basis.
Yes, most definitely, so long as it complies with our Shop Local UK Org ethos and legal requirements. Please contact our marketing department for more information.
Yes, when you finished your shopping, you’ll find our charities of choice on the checkout page. Here you’ll have the option of to one of our chosen charities as well as the amount. Alternatively, if you don’t wish to purchase from our online shop, you can go straight to our donation page.
Yes, you can by simply adding our logo to your advertising material and platforms to help promote the Shop Local UK Org message and campaign. And where appropriate and reciprocal a partnering for events or long-term agreements can be arranged.
Yes, over time we intend to gather a large amount of organic press up and down the country both locally and nationally with local councils, politicians, celebrities and social media influencers.
We will encourage all local press articles and media spots to include a mention of our existing Shop Local UK Org members and associates.
At our fully integrated CNC sign and digital printing company, we can manufacture any number of signs and promotional products using the latest technology available.
Examples include banners, exhibition displays, stickers, window & wall graphics, vehicle wraps & graphics, pavement signs, CNC services, 3D signs, plaques & engraving, t-shirts & garment printing, and large format digital printing on most materials.
We can ship almost all of our end products across the UK, with the exception of vehicle graphics and signs that require professional installation.
Depending on the item and completion of agreed design, we will give you an accurate and achievable delivery date. Because we have been in the business for over 25 years, we have excellent relationships with our suppliers, allowing us to offer quicker turnaround times, even in these difficult times.
Our promise to you is that we will not make a delivery commitment to you unless we are confident we can fulfil this.
Yes, we very much encourage the promotion of our logo so long as it complies with our Shop Local UK Org ethos and legal requirements.
Yes, we can. We will ask you questions about your business, its physical location and what you want to achieve. We can then provide you with a list and visuals of what products we feel would be best for you and your business.
We will provide you with a visual image of the design and end product before we go into production. If you are unhappy with the delivered item, we will work with you to correct this to best of our ability and offer a full refund if we have failed to comply with your instructions or our product description.
Our articles. Your inbox.
Signup to receive our latest Shop Local UK Org articles first. These articles are designed to help both retailers and consumers to get the most of our shopping local – which is now more important than ever.